ESMOND GREENVIEW CEMETERY is located on the Southwest quarter of
Section 18. The cemetery is south of Esmond on the Esmond Road just
This is a well kept cemetery with fence completely surrounding the
A gate secures the area. Parking is provided along the west frontage.
appears to be in the center portion of the cemetery.
The plat book of 1871 indicates the original cemetery property was owned
the Dettmer family. The 1892 plat map indicates the school and cemetery
location, just north of Mowers Road on Esmond Road.
A petition was filed as a “record of the organization of the Greenview
Association in South Grove Township, DeKalb County, IL. It was filed by:
Filed 01 May 1916.”
Mis. Book G pg. 264.
Other documents were recorded as the property was surveyed and the
subdivided into cemetery lots, passageways and street as indicated
on the annexed
plat. Exhibits of these documents are published as recorded at the
dated 25 May, 1916
Plat Book D pg 60.
The alphabetical index for the cemetery begins on page no. 34. The page numbers referred to in the index are the numbers shown on the TOP of the pages as each cemetery presented is a completed book.
Return to DeKalb County ILGenWeb
This page maintained by Sheryl Dowden
and copyrighted 2009 by Sheri Baker. All
Copyright of information presented on this page owned by the Genealogical Society of DeKalb County and reproduced with permission.