Kingston Cemetery is located on the North side of Highway 72 at the East edge of the village in Section 23. There are two roads leading to the cemetery, one from Thurlby road and one at First street. Caution is urged coming onto Highway p72.
It appears that the wife of Peyton Russell was the first to be buried in this cemetery. She died in 1837.
“Lawrence Russell and Mary, his wife deeded to the County Commissioners of DeKalb County:
For $1.00 in hand for the use and purpose of a burying ground for the use of the people of Kingston Precinct and others wishing to bury in said ground forever all the following described lot or piece of land to—wit:
One half acre and one rod bounded as follows:
On the West by the West line of Section 23 commencing 20 rods from the N.W. corner of the S.W 1/4 of Section 23 in Twp 42 North Range Four East running thence South nine rods, thence East 9 rods, thence North nine rods, thence West to the place of beginning lying in the district of land subject to sale at Chicago, Illinois.
Lawrence Russell, Mary (her mark) )( Russell, Isaac Cumpston,
J.P., Sanford Russell
“Simon Poust and Lorinda 3. Poust deeded to the Trustees of Kingston Cemetery for the sum of $20.50 a parcel of land in the Town of Kingston:
Commencing at a point on W. Line of Section 23 Township 42 R 4 East. Seven 33/100 chains South of the quarter corner and running thence South on line 77 links, thence East at right angles two 86/100 chains, thence North 95 links, thence Westerly two 87/100 chains to the place of beginning containing .215 acres.
dated 25 Jul
cemetery was surveyed July 1877 indicating 196 burial lots. Plat Book B
Return to DeKalb County ILGenWeb
This page maintained
by Sheryl Dowden and copyrighted 2009 by Sheri Baker. All
Copyright of information presented on this page owned by the Genealogical Society of DeKalb County and reproduced with permission.